Thursday, August 24, 2006

Next Up...

So what's going to be next on the needles? The Leaves of Grass Anklet Socks for the Mystery Sock Knit Along. Already I'm taking liberty with the pattern by using five DPNs instead of the four specified in the pattern. I really, really hate working with four DPNs--the knitting feels way too cramped. So, we'll see what sorts of problems I'll run into. I'm at the casting on point.

I need to work on the Too-Many-Choices Top; it's swatched and I sort of got gauge. We'll see how that plays out. There could be much gnashing of teeth when I find out that I've arrived at Frog Pond.

This weekend, I'll knit my mother's boob. A friend is going to come over Saturday morning to go to the farmers market with me and knit! It will be such fun to have a knitting companion.

I also need to work on Jenna's sweater as well as Christine's. If I'm lucky, I'll get them done by Christmas.

Sorry for a short post; the migraine I acquired earlier today is dulling my brain (although some would say that's its normal state). I'm going to finish casting on and start the ribbing on the sock, then head to bed. If I'm lucky, I'll be headache-free in the morning.

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Oh, I am quite the opposite on the dpn scale: working with 5 needles feels like I'm holding a live snake...too big for my hands and too hard to control! I prefer the nice compact feel of the 4.

Hope the headache settles down soon!

Mia said...

I am like you in that I can't stand to work with 4 needles. It is so awkward. I convert everything to 5 needles. The only time I use 4 needles is when I am working on the thumb or a finger of a glove. But the number of stitches is so small that it doesn't matter. And you aren't knitting on the thumb or finger for very long so I can tolerate it.