- I was run sponsor for the club run this morning, meaning that I had to get to the run extra early to put out water.
- I kind of got lost doing it, but to be fair it was very early, and dark
- Then I got lost again because there was a tree across the road and I couldn't figure out how to get to the next place to put the water.
- I eventually figured it out, but not before I was 30 minutes late to the run.
- It took me over an hour to put out water.
- Fortunately, the morning was cool and it was one of the better runs I've done in recent memory.
- The run was followed by a trip to the farmer's market and the health food store.
- I picked up a copy of Healing Lyme while I was there.
- Yup, I've been diagnosed with Lyme disease.
- Blimey! I'm a Lymie!
- Spent a large part of the afternoon reading how the Borrelia spirochete infects its host. Fascinating reading.
- The bluejays raised a major ruckus while I was reading.
- I went to investigate, thinking it was a cat. Instead, I found a hawk in our yard.
- Then a little later, a larger, different type of hawk perched in one of our trees.
- A hummingbird also paid a brief visit.
- The neighbors a couple of doors down had what sounded like a fun party.
- They even had a bagpiper!
- Fortunately, the piper wasn't bad.
- I also managed to clean the refrigerator.
- Met a friend for dinner at the Vietnamese restaurant in town.
- We shared a salad, three entrees, and three desserts.
- The waiter warned us that it was a lot of food.
- There wasn't much left over.
All in all, not a bad day (except for the getting lost part). I didn't get any knitting done, but I did carry the current sock-in-progress with me.
Now, I must to bed go. It will be another early start tomorrow so I can get to the run on time. Hopefully, there won't be any fallen trees blocking my route. I'd hate to be late to a breakfast run.