Saturday, August 21, 2010

RRS (Really Random Saturday)

Today was a rather random kind of day, filled with surprises. Some of the were good and some, well, were interesting.
  • I was run sponsor for the club run this morning, meaning that I had to get to the run extra early to put out water.
  • I kind of got lost doing it, but to be fair it was very early, and dark
  • Then I got lost again because there was a tree across the road and I couldn't figure out how to get to the next place to put the water.
  • I eventually figured it out, but not before I was 30 minutes late to the run.
  • It took me over an hour to put out water.
  • Fortunately, the morning was cool and it was one of the better runs I've done in recent memory.
  • The run was followed by a trip to the farmer's market and the health food store.
  • I picked up a copy of Healing Lyme while I was there.
  • Yup, I've been diagnosed with Lyme disease.
  • Blimey! I'm a Lymie!
  • Spent a large part of the afternoon reading how the Borrelia spirochete infects its host. Fascinating reading.
  • The bluejays raised a major ruckus while I was reading.
  • I went to investigate, thinking it was a cat. Instead, I found a hawk in our yard.
  • Then a little later, a larger, different type of hawk perched in one of our trees.
  • A hummingbird also paid a brief visit.
  • The neighbors a couple of doors down had what sounded like a fun party.
  • They even had a bagpiper!
  • Fortunately, the piper wasn't bad.
  • I also managed to clean the refrigerator.
  • Met a friend for dinner at the Vietnamese restaurant in town.
  • We shared a salad, three entrees, and three desserts.
  • The waiter warned us that it was a lot of food.
  • There wasn't much left over.

All in all, not a bad day (except for the getting lost part). I didn't get any knitting done, but I did carry the current sock-in-progress with me.

Now, I must to bed go. It will be another early start tomorrow so I can get to the run on time. Hopefully, there won't be any fallen trees blocking my route. I'd hate to be late to a breakfast run.

Happy knitting!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Loved the last 4 bullet points.
Bummer about the Lyme disease.
Thank God for well practiced bag pipers.

I hope you are doing well. Considering taking up running though not to the degree you have indulged yourself, at least not yet. Take care!

Sheepish Annie said...

I got lost going to the doctor's the other day. I have been going to this office for over 20 years and all it took was me thinking I could find a "shortcut." Sheesh...and that was in full daylight!!!

Sorry to hear about the Lyme. That is a bummer. Hopefully, you'll keep the worst of it in check since you are watching it and doing the research.