Sunday, April 30, 2006

Better Now

Whew! I'm glad that's over. The Blue Funk, that is. I don't think I've been that blue for years. It wasn't a lot of fun.

But a little housecleaning, the return of my husband from his little climbing trip, and dinner with friends did a lot to lift my spirits. A return of hormonal balance didn't hurt, either. Thank you for your words of encouragement, and especially your thoughts for my mother. Those also contributed.

I didn't make it to Knit Happens yesterday. I didn't quite have the energy to make the trek to Alexandria. I'll catch Wendy next weekend at Maryland Sheep and Wool.

I'm making slow progress on the blanket, because I seem to be unable to knit a pattern row without making some kind of mistake. I forget yarnovers, I end up with extra stitches...fortunately, I haven't dropped another stitch during a cable (yet). But despite the slowness of the work, the Martina yarn continues to fascinate me. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy knitting with this yarn? I read the ball band again and discovered the source of the lustre...10% silk. That's why it looks like pearls. I can sit and stare at the lustre for hours. It grabs me and pulls me in. It's almost a shame to be knitting a baby blanket with it. And I feel really bad that the baby blankets knit for my niece and nephew were out of Lamb's Pride. Don't get me wrong, I really like Lamb's Pride. But it isn't Martina. Did I say how much I love this yarn?

Is anyone else going to be at Maryland Sheep and Wool on Saturday? (Well, yes, thousands of people will be. I meant knitting and spinning bloggers.) Last year at this time, the blog world was all abuzz about MDSW. Other than Melanie, I haven't heard much of anything about it. If you are going, would you like to try to meet up? Post a comment and let me know.

That's it for now. Time to finish some laundry and do some gardening and grocery shopping. Enjoy the day!

4 comments:

Joan said...

I'll be there! Didn't someone post that the bloggers will meet at 1:30 at the stage area beside the big building on Saturday? I'd love to put real faces with names.

Hockey Mom said...

The Atlanta Knitblogger's Posse will be there. If you go to mama e's blog, she has some info about the Knitbloggers Ball Saturday night at Clyde's.

Email me if you want the 411.

I'm so excited!

msubulldog said...

I'm just catching up after a week away and I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's diagnosis. My thoughts are with you. Congratulations, however, of busting out of your funk. May your knitting serve you well. :)

Sheepish Annie said...

Others got here before me, but I was going to note that the Knit Blogger's Ball sounds like an absolute riot. If only because it's so much ding-dong fun to say!!! This would be a great way to blast out those last few crumbs of phunk that might be plaguing you and to meet up with them bloggy-types.