Thursday, May 04, 2006

Do You See What I See?

After my 5:30a.m. knitting session (wherein I did not have to tink, I think) and after my 7:00a.m. weight training session, I drove to work (after making the appropriate change in clothes and such). And wouldn't you know it, the car in front of me (a Chevy Subdivision) had this bumper sticker on it: MSWF. And this one: My other vehicle is a spinning wheel. And this one: www.spirit-trail.net.

I think a saw a vendor.

It's clearly a message. Must...go...to...Maryland...Sheep...and...Wool...

Even if I have to go by myself.

In knitting news, I knit another two rows on the blanket tonight. I got to the end of the purl row, turned and started working the next pattern row. Ruh roh...something is not right. Danged if I didn't forget another yarn over at the beginning of the last pattern row (this is getting old, very old). So I tinked back the purl row and assessed the situation. I didn't want to tink back a cable row; I really didn't. So I slipped the stitches onto another needle, picked up the yarn where the yarn over should have been and created a new yarn over in situ. A quick slip of the stitches back to the working needles, and I'm on my way. Woo hoo! I'm so proud of myself.

Tomorrow? Another 5:30a.m. knitting session, followed by a 2-mile walk at 6:15a.m. One day I'm going to start running again.

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

I am impressed on so very many levels here: 1. the yarn over fix...genius! 2. All that consistent excercise...wow! 3. You get to go to MSW...too far for this sheepie to trundle :( Sit back and enjoy your accomplishments!