Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Whew!

Okay, I think things are finally beginning to get back to normal. I'm home again and back at work. Mom continues to get better every day. And the best part? The final pathology showed her to be clear of cancer. We couldn't have hoped for more. The family is breathing a major sigh of relief.

So, what's on the agenda for this Libran? The never-ending baby blanket (I'm seeing the end of ball 5) is top priority. This effort involves a daily 5:30 a.m. knitting session (yawn!) and if I'm lucky, a little bit of knitting in the evening. The Blue Danube sock is cast aside again for the (you guessed it) never-ending baby blanket, and as of June 1, for a pair of Jaywalker socks, knit in Trekking XXL #100 for Margene's Trek Along with Me knit along. This picture doesn't really do the yarn justice (my swatch is much more subdued). I'm pretty excited about my new sock adventure. And best of all, it gives me a chance to get out and take a hike, assuming I can pry my husband away from his running persuade my husband to take a post-run hike some Saturday or Sunday. Hiking opportunities abound near my home--there's the Appalachian Trail, the W&OD Trail (quite nice for an urban/suburban/rural trail), and any number of trails at Great Falls National Park. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get in a backpacking trip.

And I've decided to knit my mom a new boob. No, seriously! I read about it in the latest issue of Interweave Knits, which was delivered right after she was diagnosed with breast cancer. It's a great idea and it should be a fast, fun knit. Especially if I use a cashmere/silk blend or some other luxurious yarn. And if Mom decides to go with the reconstruction surgery, it will be a memorial boob. You can find the pattern here.

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take some pictures this weekend.

Happy knitting!

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

::Hugs:: to your mom and a big YAY on her cancer-free state! Must be such a relief. Love the idea of the knitted boob. Inspired!

msubulldog said...

Congratulations on your mom's pathology results! What wonderful news.
As for the knitted boob--please let us know how that goes! :)