Friday, March 02, 2007

Eureka!

Looky here!



It's the Sweater of Frustration Christine sweater! Here's a closer view:



That's one of the reasons I didn't post over the weekend. I finally unlocked the Secret of the Chart. The edge stitches are for the entire width of the garment. The size parts of the chart are (I think) for the repeats and edge stitches when working the left and right fronts. There are no side seams. My tension isn't the greatest, but it's passable and I think some of the unevenness will block out. I need to knit a few more rows and then I'll check...gauge. At this point, gauge could become the deal breaker because I didn't knit a gauge swatch. And yes, if the gauge is off, I deserve every bit of the pain and agony of starting over yet again.

There was another reason why I didn't post this weekend:



Snow!

It was a total surprise. We were supposed to get maybe an inch of snow, followed by a wintry mix of snow and freezing rain, turning to all freezing rain Sunday night and Monday morning. It started snowing early Sunday morning, stopped for a little freezing rain break, then started snowing hard. It didn't stop until about 1:30. Since we haven't been getting that much snow these past few years, I took the opportunity to walk to a friend's house about a mile from here. The walk there was pretty good. The walk back was great because hardly anyone was out. The normal sounds were muted and you could hear the whisper of snow falling. I do so love me a good snowfall!

And Emma does love her new Cosmic Catnip Alpine Scratcher. That's a little bit of catnip on her head. She particularly loves trying to extricate the mouse that's attached to the inside of the scratcher.

2 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Wow!!! The sweater looks great...nice work. I love it when it all suddenly makes sense!

I'm also quite taken with the alpine scratcher. My kitties just have a plain flat one. I wonder how they'd like one that is on an incline...

Anonymous said...

How sweet is Christine! I am glad you figured out the chart. That is worth all the trouble!