We're in town this Christmas and opted to stay at home, instead of visiting friends and local family (that celebration is next weekend). The hibernation instinct is strong in us this year. However, staying home gives us plenty of time relax and
- Cosmopolitan and Martini
- Grilled Ostrich with Wild Mushrooms in a Mustard Shallot Sauce
- Bourbon Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Creamed Spinach
- Chocolate Cloud Cake
- Patricia Green Cellars, Ribbon Ridge Pinot Noir, Estate Etzel Block, 2006
Everything was very good, although the bourbon in the sweet potatoes tasted very raw.
And then it was Christmas! I was up a little after 6:00 this morning and finished wrapping Tom's presents. We exchanged gifts over morning coffee. I do believe we are the only couple who has a matching set of half-sheet pans!
- Bloody Marys
- Baked Pear Pancake with Gingered Maple Syrup
The rest of the day has been rather leisurely. Tom went over to friend's house to install a new kitchen faucet while I worked on the running club newsletter.
- Cocoa and Spice Slow-Roasted Pork with Onions
- Sauteed smashed potatoes
- Steamed spinach
- Waldorf Salad
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. It's hard to believe that the new year is just around the corner. Where did the year go?
Emma's thinking that maybe it's in the tree.