Saturday, December 15, 2007

Precipitation

It's been a cloudy week in my hometown. The sun finally made an appearance yesterday; it was nice to greet an old friend. And right now, the sun is attempting to shine through clouds, which makes it look weak and watery. The forecast for this weekend consists of the dreaded words "wintery mix." In fact, instead of predicting the amount of snow that will fall, the NWS is predicting sleet accumulation. Yuck.

Knitting Progress
I continue to make progress, albeit slowly, on the second Gentleman's Fancy Sock. I painstakingly unknit the eight incorrect rows and reknit them. Since the weekend weather is supposed to be bad, I'm hoping that I'll get some good knitting time in. However, today is looking busy (farmers market, yoga, kitty shopping at the shelter, and Christmas tree shopping). If we find a tree, we'll decorate it tomorrow, which means cleaning the house. Right now there's a stack of dirty dishes in the sink and papers and such scattered about. I've really let the housecleaning go these past several months.

Best Cat Toy Ever
Are you looking for the perfect gift for the cat who has everything? Perhaps your cat has become a bit Rubinesque these last couple of years and you're looking for a toy that provides good aerobic exercise? Look no further! Da Bird is what you've been looking for! Its unique combination of feathers and a fishing toggle thing-y make Da Bird act like a real bird in flight. Emma goes crazy over it and performs amazing acrobatic feats to try to snag it out of the air. If you had to buy only one cat toy, I'd say buy Da Bird.

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post tomorrow.

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

We've had rain for the past couple of days. Hoping for some sun soon.

I was wondering what to get Alex this year. He usually ignores most toys I get him, I think Da Bird may just be the thing though!!!

Thanks!

Sheepish Annie said...

We have sun today and I'm enjoying it while I can. It looks like we are going to get another foot of snow tomorrow. Yeesh!

Desdemona used to be quite the leaper when it came to toys like Da Bird. Cracked me up! She was practically airborne!

Anne P said...

Be safe - that weather is the pits. I'll take snow over a Virginia-style icestorm any day!