Nary a flake of snow fell last night. There was some sleet, but it was gone by the time we got up. And now it's raining. And it's supposed to be warm today, with a high of 47 degrees. Bleh. I really wanted a nice blizzard. Stupid snowflake earrings didn't work, even though I wore them for three days. Do you think I wore out their effectiveness?
I did manage to get some knitting in yesterday and this morning, although not as much as I would have liked. The sock also seemed to have gotten into a bit of mischief. As I was knitting last night, I noticed that something looked odd. I looked at the back of the knitting and saw a float that spanned six stitches. I thought I had dropped a stitch. After tinking a row, I found that I didn't drop a stitch. I had slipped six stitches. How the heck did that happen?! I suppose I could have attempted to knit those stitches and accidentally didn't pull the working yarn through. But not for six stitches worth.
And I still can't seem to read a pattern consistently. Once again I followed the P2, K2 pattern when I should have be doing a P2, K2, P2, K4, P2 at the beginning of the first needle. Sigh...so out came another four rows.
Here's the second sock; it's not much bigger than the last picture of it.
I probably won't get much knitting accomplished today. I need to clean the house a bit, decorate the tree, compile the running club newsletter, and then have dinner at a friend's house. And then it's back to work tomorrow, which definitely means I won't get a lot of knitting done.
The Christmas Meme
I don't usually do memes, but this one seemed kind of fun. I grabbed it from the PurlingPirate. So without further ado, here it is.
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both; it depends on the shape of the gift really.
- Real or artificial tree? Real
- When do you put up the tree? After we get it, usually the second week in December.
- When do you take it down? On New Year's Day or the following weekend
- Do you like eggnog? Yes; the best I had was made with real cream and uncooked eggs and lots of booze!
- Favorite gift received as a child? A walking doll that was about as tall as I was.
- Do you have a nativity scene? No
- Hardest person to buy for? One of my sisters-in-law
- Easiest person to buy for? My husband; give him fine Belgian beer and he's happy!
- Worst Christmas present you ever got? There haven't been any, although my friends were a bit upset when Tom gave me a road emergency triangle and an electric toothbrush for Christmas one year.
- Mail or email Christmas cards? I gave up sending cards several years back; too much procrastination and lack of stamps.
- Favorite Christmas movie?My favorite Christmas show is A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? After the first of December, although if I find the perfect gift earlier, I'll buy it.
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, why let an unused gift take up space when someone else can use it?
- Favorite thing to eat on Christmas? Everything (except haggis)
- Clear lights or colored on the tree? I prefer clear; Tom prefers colored.
- Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells, Silent Night, and Walking in the Air
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? We alternate years with our families, so this year we're home.
- Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Of course.
- Angel or star on top of tree? Nothing goes on the top of the tree, if I'm remembering correctly.
- Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning.
- Most annoying thing this time of year? The fact that commercial Christmas decorations go up after Halloween. I hate that. It makes Christmas less special.
- Do you decorate your tree in any theme or color? No, we have lots of handmade decoration from Tom's mother. We're not really theme-type people.
- What do you leave for Santa? Nothing; Emma would eat it before Santa even got close to our house!