Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm So Good

Going through my somewhat small stash and entering it in Ravelry has been a very good exercise. I met up with my old yarn friends, the ones I met long ago in the yarn store, quickly befriended and brought home to meet the other yarn. They've been enjoying each other, having a stash party, without inviting me. Well, maybe they did invite me and maybe I forgot about it because I was busy making more yarn friends.

The upshot of this is that I really have more yarn than I need, although to be fair, the majority of the yarn was acquired with a specific project in mind. In addition, the suspicion that I have a raging case of startitis was confirmed. As I was pondering what to knit this evening, did my mind turn to any one of the myriad projects already on the needles? Oh,noooo...not at all. I was thinking that I would start swatching for a couple of stealth projects. It's clear that I enjoy the process of thinking about knitting and starting a project rather than taking it to completion.

I'm pleased to report, though, that no matter sweetly the yarn sang to me, I ignored its siren song and closed the yarn bins, thus lessening the din somewhat. I've got three unfinished pairs of socks in front of me on my work table (indicative of second sock syndrome) with another two pairs lurking in the Basket of Unfinished Objects.

So here I sit (with a rather large, flat, dead spider underneath the chair, which is creeping me out quite a bit; it's a good thing I didn't meet it when it was alive because then you'd have to scrape me off the ceiling), blogging instead of knitting. I know that once the yarn starts running through my fingers, I'll be hooked. But then again, maybe I'm simply a knitting wannabe.

(PS: The air conditioning at work was still broken, with the temperature in my office staying in the 80s. However, at the end of the day, it was a mere 80.1 degrees, which means that tomorrow the temperatures will be back in the meatlocker range. I have sweater and socks at the ready.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY GOOD! I have startitis myself as 3 of my "main" projects are very colorful, but contain miles of stockinette. So, they just don't seem any closer to finished... which makes me wanna start another one. HA!

Sheepish Annie said...

Spiders...ack!!! Glad that he had the common sense to be dead before meeting you.

Good luck on sock finishing!

Anne P said...

I wish I could say that startitis was part of the whole summer heat blahs. But I think I have it chronically, year-round.