And once again, about all I can muster for a blog post is random bullet points.
- I'm annoyed with our ancient crockpot. It's been cooking for nigh onto 12 hours and the carrots and onions still aren't tender
- We're going to eat it anyway. At least it smells good.
- See what I mean? I wrote those first two bullet point last week!
- There's been knitting in the odd moments chez Knitting Libran.
- And as a result, the Monkey socks are a pair!
- I'm swatching for a
sweaterthing that might have sleeves and buttons and a collar
- I'm not getting gauge
- I'm so not getting gauge
- I went up a needle size and I got 1/2 a stitch more than with the smaller needles
- And yes, I checked the needle size and counted the stitches many, many times
- Stupid gauge
- And I'm not happy with the colors
- Tom thinks they're fine
- I started knitting the Spiral Scarf again
- Apparently, I can't read knitting instructions, even after they're explained to me
- I cannot seem to remember the "k to end, turn" instruction when working the short rows
- The scarf doesn't spiral if you work short rows on each side
- It just gets wonky
- I'm on a roll now, though
- I just can't stop knitting until the scarf is complete
- That won't make my employer happy
- Knitting is not part of my job description
- Tom cooked an awesome dinner last night for me and four of our friends
- It was another of his "restaurant openings"
- Sesame crusted salmon, butternut squash soup, adobo roast turkey with red chili gravy, green beans with crispy prosciutto, sweet cornbread pudding, gingerbread with spiced creme anglaise
- Tom is phenomenal