Thursday, September 21, 2006

Slow Progress

I haven't fallen off the earth. I thought I'd take a break from the computer in the evenings this week and actually get some knitting done. And I did. No pics, though; maybe this weekend.

The Lots-of-Choices Top is progressing nicely. I'm working my way up one half of the armscye and am almost ready to start the round neck decreases. And I'm still loving working with the Twize. It has the feel of cotton, but is much softer and doesn't make my skin hurt.

There's been progress on the Leaves of Grass sock, too. I've managed get the heel turned and am now working on the gussets. That means that I'm also working the lace pattern on the instep. I think the pattern was originally worked in cotton and I'm using wool and smaller needles (yep, playing it fast and loose with gauge again), so I'm not sure how the stitch pattern will translate. A slipping-on of the sock proved that it fits, but the heel is a bit wonky. It feels very narrow (probably because I'm playing fast and loose with gauge).

And speaking of socks...I wore the Jaywalkers last weekend! They are very comfy. But they sort of stretched out after a couple of hours on the feet. Very strange, that.

One Skein Update
I'm probably the only One Skein participant who is still participating. What's that, you say? Didn't you sent your pal the final package several weeks ago? I did. But the Post Office appeared to have delivered it to the wrong P.O. box. They must have liked what I sent so much that they decided to keep it for themselves. So the search is on to find the yarn again so I can recreate the Milanese Scarf. It's comforting to know that it will come out better the second time 'round. And next time, be assured that I'm going to send it insured, return receipt requested, delivery confirmation, certified, and any other special mailing options the Post Office offers. Heidi will get this package for sure!

Sailing Away?
Nope, not this year. After looking at the expense (and the expense of having to replace one of the roofs on our house) and how much vacation I don't have (less than two days as of this moment) and the trips that we've already got planned for next summer, we decided we couldn't swing the trip to Belize. It's very disappointing because these trips with Kent and Nancy, James and Gina, and the Mystery Couple are always a lot of fun. Here's hoping that Kent postpones the trip to 2008, when I'll have more vacation.

On the upside, that means that we can get a cat after the New Year!

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

There is always a bright side. Some sweet little kitty is going to get a loving new home. That will help take the sting out of missing this year's vacation. Nice job on all your knitting progress!