Monday, April 03, 2006

Finito

It's done...the kittens blanket is totally finished. And here it is, for your viewing pleasure:



I tried to take a detail picture of the kittens, but as usual, the macro function created a blurry picture. I must read the camera user's guide sometime (but that means I'd have to find it first). It's really annoying to have blurry macro pictures.

I've finished the first full repeat of the Lace-edged Cardigan sleeve. It looks as if the gauge is working out, despite my stitch name translation accident. The sleeve at the cuff is supposed to be 8" and that's what I'm measuring. So far, so good.

In other news, Miss Val came over yesterday to help me get organized. One of my New Year's resolutions (with much prodding from Tom) was to de-clutter and organize. For a pack rat, this is pretty scary. But Val would like to become a professional organizer so I've offered up myself (and my stuff) as a guinea pig. It's exhausting work. Of course, it didn't help that I began with the most challenging room, the work room (aka the "fiber arts studio"). But we made good progress for one day. She'll be back next weekend and with any luck (and lots of work), we'll finish the job. I'll post before and after pictures when we finish.

And now? I'm off to knit a few rows on the sleeve.

1 comment:

Cerridwen said...

Ohhh, that is sooooo cute!!! I am in awe!!!