Friday, April 15, 2005

It's the Weekend!

Well, it's been a long week in Leesburg...

The plastering is done and the walls look really good. No more exposed lathe or plaster grains filtering out of the wall. Most of the plaster dust from the final sanding has been cleaned up. All that's left to be done is to wipe down the walls, prime, choose a paint color, and paint. But that means there are two more windows for Tom to refurbish. He's become quite the expert at dismantling old double hung windows, re-glazing, scraping, and re-assembling. He even gets the upper sash to work! I have quite the wonderful husband.

I managed to knit 11 rnds on my sock.

This weekend we'll be in Charlottesville for the Charlottesville Half-Marathon. I feel a little guilty about not running. I can't seem to get my running motivation back. I think it's because my running partner and I aren't on the same running schedule any more. And I'm still cold. That doesn't make sense because I'll warm up as soon as I start running. I'll eventually get back to it.

My goal for tomorrow is to support Tom at the start of race and then go visit the LYS, The Needle Lady, on the pedestrian mall and a brief walk from our hotel. It should be fun and I'm looking forward to some stash enhancement. And I think I'll be able to finish the sock.

It's time to finish laundry and start gathering stuff for the trip.

No comments: