Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Hot!

What did I predict when I said it was too cold last weekend? That we'd go from winter to summer? Well, I wasn't far off. It got into the 80s today. Fortunately, the humidity stayed fairly low. My car was registering the outside temperature at 80 at 8:00pm! But, alas, I missed the day because I was at work. My husband suggested I take a day off during the week. That suggestion has merit. A warm day, sitting on the deck, knitting...or spinning...or both... Hmmm...

The plum tree is in full bloom and it smells so good, sort of spicy sweet, and almost like a corn tortilla. If all the stars and planets are aligned and the birds and squirrels behave, we might get some plums this year. We've been in this house for 8 years and have gotten enough plums for eating and making jam only once. Yum, yum!

This is a short post. It's not too late and I'd like to knit a couple of rows before bed...perhaps finish the heel on my sock.

No comments: