Friday, July 15, 2011

How'd It Get To Be July?

Well, it's been quite a while since I posted. I owe you all a Squam Art Workshops trip report (it was very cool, in more ways than one). I owe you some photos of finished objects, especially the Corinne sweater. One day I'll get all these things done.

Work is occupying a large amount of my time, although I'm working much less than I was earlier this year. But the writing and the emails continue and that makes writing and emailing outside of work feel like...well...work. The last thing I want to do when I get home is to sit down at a computer. So the blog suffers and my correspondence suffers.

But I do have some random bullet points for you!

  • We have ants in the house, a lot of tiny ants
  • At first we had only black ants; now we have some tiny pale red ants too
  • EcoSmart, window cleaner, and vinegar and water are all effective ant killers
  • But they don't keep the ants at bay
  • It's highly annoying when they have the audacity to crawl on you and bite you
  • Also, is it too much to ask that the dishwasher actually get dishes clean?
  • Tom and I got it working better, but I still have to rinse the items on the top rack after the dishes are "clean."
  • Grrrrr
  • Bosco has turned into quite the hunter of shrews
  • Shrews are beneficial to the garden
  • Bosco is working hard at decimating the shrew population
  • He likes to catch chipmunks, too
  • Fortunately, we've been able to rescue the chipmunks
  • We've started harvesting tomatoes, zucchini, and hot peppers from the garden
  • Some critter takes a single bite out of each ripe tomato
  • Grrrrr
  • That's why we stopped growing tomatoes several years ago
  • I joined the Tour de Fleece this year
  • And I've actually been spinning every day (except one day when I forgot)
  • I think I'm going to finish spinning 4 ounces of Rambouillet!
  • It only took me four years
  • Work on the large stealth project that will contain approximately two pounds of wool when it is finished continues apace
  • I can't watch "Poirot" and knit at the same time
  • Too much ripping back
  • I love David Suchet as Poirot
Ha! There appears to be a limit on the number of bullet points one can have before getting an html error. That's probably a hint for me to stop rambling on and go to bed. Tomorrow's a big day. We're completing a major software upgrade at work for our client and it's also the annual Mule Run for our running club. I'm not running it this year but Tom is, so I'll be up all night. It should be...fun...

And now I must spin a little Rambouillet so I can say that I did spin today. Today was the mountain stage of the Tour de France and the suggestion was for the spinners to spin something challenging. My challenge is simply to get to the wheel and spin!

Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Pla said...

Just checking on you!! Hope you are enjoying your summer. And I wanted to let you know that I'm blogging again! If you get the chance, check it out!

plasworld.wordpress.com