Friday, March 27, 2009

Tomorrow's the Big Day...

Today is a welcome day off work, although it's not going to be all that restful. I've got plenty of errands to run and packing to do, for tomorrow is the running of the Bel Monte 50K, a very hilly, rocky 31.45 miles. While the weather today is looking pretty good (it rained yesterday), tomorrow's forecast is for a 70% chance of rain, with rainfall totals between a half and three-quarters of an inch. It looks like it could be deja vu all over again.

I've got nine hours to finish the course, and I don't feel like I've done nearly enough trail running this winter. I've run a slightly easy section of the Appalachian Trail a couple of times, and then a difficult 12-mile section that liked to near kilt me. Add to that I'm feeling stiff and creaky, and it's anybody's guess as to how well I'm going to do. I do know one thing and that is unless I seriously injure myself, I will finish! I might have to crawl across the finish line, but I will cross it!

Knitting News
Despite the lack of blog activity of late (Sheepish Annie's blog lets me know just how much of a slacker I've been), I have been knitting. There's a bit of a tricky sock in progress (very slow), some baby booties and a baby hat in progress, and I just received some yarn in some bright, luscious colors for a small blanket. I'll try to take some pictures this Sunday and post them (I doubt I'll be able to do much else). I still owe the blog pictures of my not-so-recently completed pairs of socks.

That's it for now...gotta finish getting ready for tomorrow!

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Good Luck tomorrow!!!

Sheepish Annie said...

I was horrified when I changed templates and saw that my link list now doubled as a conscience. Sheesh! But you go ahead and post when you feel like it. Who is the blog to tell us what to do?

I'm guessing that I've missed sending good luck wishes for the race so I'll wish you a good Post-Race Evening complete with the snacks of your choice! Hope it went well!

Nicole said...

Good luck!

Also, can you recommend a good 10K in our area?