Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday to my dear and wonderful husband! May we share many, many more.



While we were partaking of the celebratory dinner last night, Tom said "Next year we're not buying anything except necessities." My heart skipped a beat. He continued "We're not going to buy any TVs or electronic equipment or furniture. No clothes." "How about beer?" I said (knowing full well that he loves a fine microbrew). "No, beer's okay." Then the next question "Can I buy yarn?" "Yes, you can buy yarn" he replied, giving me a funny look. I couldn't quite tell if he was thinking that I have enough yarn already and really didn't need to buy more or if he now considers yarn necessary to my existence and was wondering why was I asking such a silly question. Maybe he thinks both. (And in the interest of full disclosure, we do not buy TVs or electronic equipment or furniture on a regular basis, so this moratorium on large purchases won't be much of a hardship.)

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Knitting Libran!!!

My husband and I have clamped down on our pursestrings too. We are hoping to buy a new house in the spring. Of course this means no yarn. Although right now I'm ok with that! We'll see how long that lasts.

Mia said...

Well, I think your husband realizes that yarn is a life necessity. Or at least it is more necessary to life then beer. Sounds like you two had fun.

Sheepish Annie said...

Happy Birthday, Tom! Excellent answer to "the yarn question." You're a keeper, dude!