Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tag! I'm It!

Fat Chick Crafts tagged me a couple of weeks ago with the Five Thing meme. So, without further ado, here goes.

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

  1. BitterSweet

  2. Ren Knits

  3. left-handed knitting in a world of right-handers

  4. Fat Chick Crafts

  5. The Knitting Libran

Next, select five people to tag:
  1. Anybody who wants to be tagged

  2. Anybody who wants to be tagged

  3. Anybody who wants to be tagged

  4. Anybody who wants to be tagged

  5. Anybody who wants to be tagged

(Sorry, I'm not good at tagging)

What were you doing ten years ago?
Let's see. Ten years ago I was a newlywed (one and half years), was in my ninth year at a company that was great (but couldn't move into management no matter how hard I tried), and owned three houses (mine, his, and ours; I don't recommend it). We had had our beloved Jezebel for four months; she was the cat that turned around Tom's opinions of cats. I was driving a old Nissan Sentra station wagon.

What were you doing one year ago?
I was getting used to a new job and learning how to work within the consulting industry. We celebrated our 10th anniversary in Costa Rica in February. We probably did some other stuff that I can't remember. Go check the blog archives!

Five snacks you enjoy:

  1. Chocolate

  2. Fruit

  3. Cupcakes

  4. Popcorn

  5. Potato chips


Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
That's hard. If I had to recite them (trust me, you don't want me to sing them!) cold, I'd have to say there aren't any. However, let me put on a CD and I could probably sing along with any songs of these artists:

  1. Simon and Garfunkel

  2. Steeleye Span

  3. Loreena McKennit

  4. Blackeye Peas

  5. Richard Thompson

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

  1. Invest

  2. Take care of my parents

  3. Help the remaining nieces and nephews get through college

  4. Travel

  5. Do good works

Five bad habits:

  1. Continuing to eat after I'm full

  2. Not exercising as much as I should

  3. Letting Tom do all the home repairs, bill paying, and yard work

  4. Being disorganized

  5. Being a packrat

Five things you like doing:

  1. Yoga

  2. Knitting and spinning

  3. Cooking

  4. Running

  5. Camping and hiking

Five things you would never wear again:

  1. Makeup on a daily basis

  2. Spike heels

  3. Clothes from the 70s (shudder)

  4. Polyester

  5. A bikini

Five favorite toys:
  1. Laptop

  2. Yarn and needles

  3. Spinning wheel

  4. Kitchen gadgets

  5. My bicycle (if I ever ride again)

So there you have it. Five things to distract you from the lack of knitting photos. I have made progress on the Blue Danube sock and am currently knitting the heel gussets. However, at least one stitch liberated itself from the needles and the gusset stitch count doesn't match. So I have to figure out what happened and hopefully I won't need to rip back to far.

Tomorrow (if all goes well), there will be a special guest blogger.

Now it's off to play with Ravelry! Ciao!

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

Enjoyed your lists!!! Have a great weekend!