Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's the Weekend!

The week is finally finished and I'm plunging into the weekend. Today promises to be busy. I have my first yoga class this morning, followed (or maybe preceded) by a trip to the farmers market. Then I visit Cathy who will put scissors to hair for a much-needed hair cut. After that, a trip to the supermarket to pick up a dessert for a friend's housewarming party this afternoon. Then it's back home again to relax and have dinner on the deck. Maybe we'll even pop open a bottle of bubbly because...well, because we can.

Tomorrow will be almost as busy. The weekly partial housecleaning, followed by another trip to the supermarket, and fixing dinner. We invited Leigh over for dinner, so expectations (both hers and ours) for a yummy dinner will be high. I'm thinking that it might be nice to start with a chilled soup, maybe cucumber. I'll have to see what veggies are in at the farmers market. I'll leave the grilling to Tom (although I'm quite proficient on the grill) and focus on dessert. How do Boston Cream Cupcakes sound?

Knitting News
There's been precious little knitting this week. I managed to finish the toe on the simple stockinette socks on Wednesday while waiting to have blood drawn, and picked up the stitches from the provisional cast-on yesterday during the weekly knitting group lunch. I really need to practice a crochet chain provisional cast-on. I went to unzip the chain and instead of a quick unzipping, I ended up with a tangled mess. It was painstaking work to pick up a stitch and pull the waste yarn through several stitches. Clearly what I thought was the back of the chain was not. Or else the chain twisted in the making. Most likely it was both.

I continue to enter my stash in Ravelry. This is a good exercise for me. It's reminding me of all the yarn I have. It's also made me realize that I really don't need to buy any more yarn because I'm not knitting what I have. Of course, we know that isn't going to happen. I fall in love so quickly with some designs that I just have to knit them now and I buy the yarn and pattern. Then into the stash box it goes for a little bit quite a lot of aging. If the yarn is so fortunate to make it to the needles, it will likely be discarded for yet another project, which will then be discarded for my latest infatuation. Anyway, I digress. I have some nice yarn and nice projects in mind and henceforth, I pledge to knit from my stash. Yeah, right. You all can stop laughing and pick yourselves up from the floor now.

The latest offering from the Socks That Rock Rockin' Sock Club magically appeared on my doorstep this week. The women at Blue Moon Fiber Arts are incredible. This yarn is lightweight and fiery. The slip stitch pattern looks simple enough and that will probably be my next sock project. What other socks in progress? I don't see any other socks in progress!

Emma's Favorite Foods
Our little cat has very eclectic tastes when it comes to food. This is in contrast to Jezebel, who liked only cat food, canned tuna and salmon, and vanilla ice cream. The list of foods Emma likes continues to grow: lima beans, pine nuts, vanilla ice cream, grilled salmon, grilled rockfish, pork barbecue, terra chips, tortilla chips... We're probably setting a bad precedent because the weirder the food is, the more inclined we are to give her a little taste, just to see if she'll eat it.



Have a wonderful Saturday!

4 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

My cats like popcorn...Persephone can even reach into the bowl and use her claws as fingers to pick up a piece and put it in her mouth. Movie night is a hoot over here...

I still haven't mastered a provisional cast on. Kudos for even coming close! You'll get it!

PurlingPirate said...

Boston Cream Cupcakes sounds great to me!!!! What time should I be there?!?!
I have been slowly selling some of my yarn as I go through it. I figure I loved it at one time, now it's time for someone else to love it.

Anonymous said...

putting the stash on ravelry has made me realize how greedy i am. :) i need to start selling my yarn as well since im' not knitting so much of it! hahaah.

bostom cream cupcakes sound so delicious. i'm drooooling......

Anonymous said...

Hey secret pal!
Wow, it sounds like you have a very busy, but fun weekend planned. Try to get some more knitting time in too! There is one last package coming your way, it is mailing out Monday.
Enjoy!
Your Secret Pal