Tuesday, March 06, 2007

In Like a Lion

The weather these last two days has been incredible. The saying for March In like a lion, out like a lamb seems to be true, at least the first part. The wind has been roaring like mad. I went out to lunch yesterday to celebrate a coworker's birthday and could barely close the car door! The wind finally subsided this afternoon, and a look at the weather forecast shows no more wind, but about one to two inches of snow tomorrow. Yep, it's definitely March in northern Virginia!

A Surprise!
When I pulled into the driveway last night, I noticed a package snuggled up against the door, desperately trying to get out of the wind and cold. I let it in, thinking I recognized it, but was disappointed to see that it was addressed to Tom. I thought I knew what it was. I quickly scanned the return address. Yes! I was right! The package was mine! I took it to the kitchen and carefully placed it on the counter, and proceeded to complete a few chores, glancing at it longingly. (I like to prolong the feeling of anticipation.)

Finally, I picked it up and ripped it open and pulled out...



Presenting the first shipment of the 2007 Rockin' Sock Club! I opened the binder and inside was a 10% discount card, a welcome letter, an NSK (Notorious Sock Knitter) bumper sticker, a Rockin' Sock Club pin, a skein of sock yarn as well a little tiny skein of emergency sock yarn in what appears to be the same colorway, and a sock pattern. Woo hoo!

The women at Blue Moon Fibers must be super women. After the little debacle with their bank thinking the sock club was fraudulent and changing banks, the sock club membership jumped to 2000! I was pleased when my membership was activated, but now I feel really bad for making these fine women work around the clock to get 2000 notebooks, swag, and skeins of yarn out the door. It boggles my mind (which is pretty easily boggled at this point). I bow before their tenacity and strength. All hail the women from Blue Moon Fiber Arts!

Needless to say, I've been gazing longingly at the yarn and fondling it every now and then. But, these socks cannot, must not, be cast on until I finish knitting (note I did not say "finish") the Jenna and Christine sweaters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! You are suck a lucky ducky! What a great package to find on your doorstep.

We've gotten a fair amount of wind around these parts (tornado weather), but it sure has warmed up nicely. (I swear that I'm not trying to rub it in.)

Mia said...

The wind was howling Monday night for sure. And how nice that you managed to get in the club this year. What are your plans for NSK sticker? I need to sit and read my pattern. And yes, I will be using my discount card in the next few weeks.

Sheepish Annie said...

Ooooooo! I am just awash with the jealousy! What a fabulous package... I'm also quite impressed by your strength. I don't think I could wait!