Thursday, November 23, 2006

Giving Thanks

I don't normally "celebrate" holidays on my blog, but this year, I'm feeling the need. There is so much to be thankful for:

  • My family

  • My husband

  • My health

  • My friends

  • My job

  • My co-workers, past and present

  • My community

  • The freedom that comes from living in this country


I'm not one to wave the American flag and recently I've been appalled at what the current Administration is doing to this country's reputation. But despite that, we still have a lot of freedom and latitude to do whatever we want in terms of education and career. There are western countries where you choose your lifetime career in high school. If you want to change it later, you're considered to be somewhat crazy. I'm very thankful that I've got the opportunity to change careers if I want and when I want, no matter how young or old I am. And to have the support of my family and friends is so wonderful.

I hope that you took the opportunity this Thanksgiving to reflect on those things which mean the most to you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

I think that we sometimes get so caught up in our complaints that we forget what a great thing it is to be able to complain freely. For all its flaws, we do have a pretty nifty country!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and yummy leftovers for the coming weekend. It is the best part in my book!