Sunday, August 20, 2006

My Inner European

I ran across these two quizzes on another blog, the name of which I can't remember now. I think I linked to it from a link of a link. Blogs are like that.

Your Inner European is Swedish!

Relaxed and peaceful.
You like to kick back and enjoy life.


So my inner European is Swedish? You could've fooled me. Irish, perhaps (remind me sometime to tell you about my love for the humble potato), or even French (I lived in Paris for seven months), but Swedish? I did visit Stockholm for a weekend and thought it was beautiful and I would like to go back and visit a little more. On second thought, though, I do enjoy being relaxed and peaceful, so these folks might be on to something.

Then there's this one:

You Are a Beagle Puppy

Cheerful, energetic, and happy go lucky.
And your sense of smell is absolutely amazing!


The first time I took the puppy quiz, it said I was a chichuahua puppy, describing me as "hyperactive." Many words have been used to describe me, but "hyperactive" ain't one of them! I don't think I'm all that energetic, but my sense of smell isn't bad.


What I Did on My Husband's Vacation

Day 2 proved to be as relaxing and as fun as Day 1. I had a leisurely breakfast of coffee and summer fruit and worked on my One Skein scarf, cleaned a little house, and did a little laundry. Valerie came over in the afternoon and we had a late lunch at South Street Under, then poked around in Black Shutter Antiques for a couple of hours. One of the vendors, Where the Attic Bird Sings, has the most awesome collection of Edwardian clothes. I had so much fun (and probably bored Valerie to tears) pointing out the construction details and why the clothes were made like that.

And for dinner tonight? I ate ice cream. There's a Cold Stone Creamery on the other side of town. Oof...the smallest size is too big. I got the Boston Creme Pie flavor, which is French Vanilla ice cream, yellow cake, and chocolate sauce. I had them hold the whipped cream. It was yummy, but it was too...too much. Definitely rich, and definitely not low fat.

So what to do tonight? Why, knit, of course! I'd love to sit outside and knit, but it's too humid and the mosquitos are ferocious. And I refuse to wear insect repellent.

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

mmmmm...ice cream for dinner! Ain't being a grown-up awesome!!!

msubulldog said...

Yes, the small ice cream at Cold Stone is too big, but somehow I manage. . . *grin* My fave is adding graham crackers and pie cherries--it's like a half-melted bowl of cheesecake! Mmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Ha! It sounds like you're having the perfect vacation. Quiet, calm times, your own schedule, and fun with friends. But ice cream for dinner... after you bought all that lovely fresh fruit from the farmer's market?