Thursday, July 27, 2006

Happy Camper

I'm a happy camper today! I finally got my car back from the body shop. No more rental car that smells like an ashtray! The shop did a good job, but I'm going to have to take it back in 30 days to get it wet sanded and buffed. Because of the heat we've been experiencing, the new paint dimpled. But other than that, they did a great job. It feels so good to have my own car back!

We fly out to San Francisco early tomorrow morning. Tom will be running the San Francisco Marathon on Sunday. I won't be, but I'll be cheering him (and fifty million other runners) on. Maybe I'll get pictures of the sock's travels. But given my record so far, that's pretty slim. After we get back from San Francisco, we head down to the Outer Banks for a week at the beach with Tom's family. The group is going to be smaller this year. Both my brother- and sister-in-law have to work. And I'm not sure how many kids (young adults, now...yikes!) will be there. They seem to have all gone their own ways.

So the cat/house sitter is scheduled, the laundry is in process, and packing is about to begin. I might do a quick post on Tuesday before we head out again, but I'll bore you with provide full details on my return.

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Sheepish Annie said...

Have a great trip and good luck to Tom! I love travel details and won't be bored at all. I don't get out much...:)

~Jody said...

Have a wonderful/fabulous/safe/happy trip! Good luck to Tom in the Marathon - I have much respect for him doing a marathon in San Fransico. Well doing a marathon in general - GO TOM!!

Anonymous said...

And a happy weekend to you and Tom both! Wow - both of those plans sound wonderful and fun. Exciting journeys for the sock, too.