Saturday, March 12, 2005

Sock It To Me!

At long last...I have a finished sock! And it fits, more or less. The top ribbing didn't come out quite like I expected. I think the weight of the sock was stretching out the yarn a little bit, so the tension is looser than on the sock body, even though I was knitting on smaller needles. I have started working on its mate and hope to finish it this weekend. If I do, that will be a PR (personal record) for me. Most projects take months and months to finish. For example, I started working on the completed sock at Thanksgiving.





Jez helped me knit this morning and it plum wore her out:





Valerie asked if the teal roving I showed actually is Corriedale. The answer is yes. It's from The Woolery. I ordered BAY-2025. I suppose they could be pulling the wool over my eyes and substituting a different fiber but probably not. I'm definitely not proficient at telling what breed the wool is from. I just buy what sounds nice and spin it up.

I'm currently reading French Women Don't Get Fat, hoping that it will provide some tips for me to enjoy eating the way I want and lose weight. The book reinforces what I already know: eat smaller portions, eat slowly and mindfully, drink lots of water, and be active. But the author writes in such an engaging style that it gives new life to those common sense activities. And she provides recipes that definitely are not diet fare. I'm attempting to follow her advice and it seems to be working. I've shed a couple of pounds over the last several weeks. It's quite encouraging. And the best part? I don't feel hungry and still get to eat chocolate!

Well, I'm off to work on sock #2!

No comments: