Sunday, April 24, 2011

Breathe

The end of my second day without working is coming to a close and I'm so sad. It's amazing how much stuff you can get done without work getting in the way. In short, it was a blissfully productive weekend:

  • I started breathing again
  • And my jaws started to unclench
  • I cleaned the house...all of it
  • The dust buffalo herd is now manageable
  • I vacuumed up enough cat hair to make a litter of kittens
  • I did laundry
  • I even folded it and put it away
  • Not sure that I'll be able to find my clothes now
  • The cats got some good walks this weekend
  • It's amazing how much fun a cat can have with a dead vole
  • Bosco's quite the hunter
  • There was knitting, but not as much as I would have liked

I started the Corinne cardigan from the current issue of Knitty today. I was blithely knitting along, chatting with my mother-in-law, and promptly hit a snag. "Knit to 1st marker; turn. Knit across" Hmmm...do I simply turn and knit back and won't that make a wonky stitch? Do I slip the first stitch? Do I wrap and turn and knit back? I'm now in experiment mode. I slipped the stitch for the first pattern repeat. I'm turning and knitting back on the second pattern repeat. If I don't like how either looks, I might add wrap-and-turn to the mix. But I think just turning and knitting back is the way to go. I tend to overthink the knitting a little lot and that never fails to get me in trouble.

I'm on the verge of starting another project, this one being a stealth project. Suffice it to say that come July, working on that project will be miserable. I did not choose wisely for summer knitting.

That's it for now.

Happy knitting!

No comments: