Monday, July 05, 2010

Melting Bullets

I'm rather enamored of bullet-point blogging. I can be as random as I'd like, which is good, because it's too hot to come up with a coherent narrative. Yes, the house has air conditioning. But even the briefest trip outside reduces me to a puddle.

  • It's almost 9:00 p.m. It's 90 degrees outside
  • That's just wrong
  • It's supposed to be worse tomorrow
  • The air conditioning in my car doesn't work
  • I'm getting a new car; it's being delivered tomorrow
  • I love my Volvo and it still has a lot of miles left
  • It's not a good car for crewing or volunteering for ultra marathons
  • It's a great car otherwise
  • I've had it for 11 years and 153,000 miles
  • It gets great gas mileage
  • Have I said how much I love my Volvo?
  • I hope I love my Outback just as much
  • I feel like I'm abandoning my Volvo without just cause
  • My fiber room is mostly done
  • All I need to do now is to finish organizing
  • The Effektiv line from Ikea is quite...effective
  • I put two bins of yarn in one cabinet (one high unit, one add-on low unit)
  • I needed another cabinet for the unspun wool
  • Plus I seem to have stashed yarn in baskets, bags, and boxes
  • I still think two cabinets will be enough
  • Time will tell
  • Just checked the weather: there's a heat advisory, excessive heat watch, and an air quality alert
  • The temperature tomorrow is supposed to be 101 degrees.
  • I'm not wearing business clothes when the car has no a/c
  • I'll go a little more casual and wear linen; I don't care if it wrinkles
  • I've turned the heel on the Monkey socks; it took two tries.
  • Now I've got to rip out one of the gussets
  • Apparently I can't count
  • The cats think it's time for a bedtime snack and are hunting flies

And speaking of time, it's time to start preparing for the work week. The long weekend was much too short.

Stay cool and happy knitting!

1 comment:

Sheepish Annie said...

Last week's heat was unbearable. And I didn't even get the worst of it. The sea breeze kicked in by midweek and my area was much better. Still hot, though. I don't do well in the heat. Not well at all...